The beauty of the first part of Holy Week.

 This week we are celebrating Holy Week. We recognise this week the beauty of Jesus love for us. We witness his entry into Jerusalem. This king of peace riding on a donkey comes not to take over the city but to win over peoples hearts. We recognise that here in this man we can see the face of God in human form. I love this day the palms and the excitement of seeing Jesus. This changes as we enter the Upper room. The fact that our God washed and kissed his disciples feet and invites us to do the same. We learn here to love others to be humble and wash others feet just as Jesus did for us. I often think where do I wash others feet. It's in my work in my interactions where I give up my time to help others freely sacrificing my own wants. I love watching the washing of feet seeing all the different people coming forward. The depth of the love of Jesus comes out in Good Friday. We are the disciples we run away, we deny, we are jealous, we sell Jesus out and yet Jesus says I still love you, I still want a relationship with you. We leave that afternoon after the three o clock service feeling like the disciples alone and caught up in grief. We await with the Church on Saturday for the greatest moment in history. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Service

Easter

What have we learnt? Covid and the last year.