Fashion tips for what its worth.



The Other day I had an Conversation with someone about Fashion. I am not sure if many of you know but I used to work in Top shop in Oxford Circus. So I thought I woulds share with you some of the trend that might look good for the Summer of 2012.  First of all I am really pleased to say that there seems to be a little colour back into the high street this season. This must be because of the bad weather that people want to wear bold and primary colours. Although I am not sure about the hat in the lower picture. Am I old fashioned enough to say that hats and woolen hats should be winter wear and not summer wear.
Fresh and clean colours are in this year.  
Good but loose the hat.
The black and grey days are over and we can see that these are both stylish from the ladies but also a Casual look from the lads. But there are some fashions that are clearly wrong and should be left alone. See the Green Jumper down below. I don't really know where to start. It looks like he had it knitted by a colour blind kind Auntie. Now when I said bold colours this is not what I meant. I have to say you would certainly see him coming in a typical summers day (raining I mean.)

sensible shoes for men 
But let us not get carried away here. There  is a lot of good fashion out there and we can see an example of this in what we wear on our feet. Can I just say here there will be no saddle's with socks here. The top tip for shoes is that you should













shoes that match the occasion so doctor martins with shorts are just stupid. But so are high heals with jeans. There are somethings in life that just will never go together. So think about it match the shoes with the outfit. 

Another wrong choice I think

This is wrong on so many levels
Carvela Kurt Geiger Ginny
Good but how you walk in them is beyond me

Carvela Kurt Geiger Alas
Understated from KG shoes 


I hope you enjoyed this little rant through the Summer fashions. If you like it there maybe more on its way. Just let me know. These are my own personal feelings. IF you personally like the stuff that I have written then I will offer some more thoughts and reflections.







                                                                                   

Comments

Susan said…
Lol , well that's a first , a priest giving his opinion on what's hot & what's not in the world of fashion !
I've known a few priests with their own sense of fashion but this is something completely different .
I challenge you for your reflections on fashion for the over 50s ! or what's acceptable fashion for wearing in church.
Anne Chapman said…
I'm sorry Father but high heels (I could only wear platforms or wedges) DO go with jeans. Also all your fashion tips and pics seem to be for rather thinish people and some of us have to cover up a bit! However well done for the colours and general comment.
Ajayoioi said…
I would be interested to see you incorporate your fashIon tips in to a homily!!
Maybe you should approach Vogue magazine, with a view to a column from a priests perspective?!
I'm going to buy you that green sweater for Christmas!
Bridget Murphy Croucher said…
Love it & I laughed, so thank you! Yep, understand & support your view on the green jumper wearer :-) Would have to agree with Susan & Anne that we need your thoughts on the Heinz Variety on the highs & lows of Fashion for age, shape, purpose, & budget. Bring it on!
Bridget, Darci & Anna said…
Love it :-) & so agree with your 'rantings' & Mr Green Jumper is actually call Mr April Fool! Darci & Anna (16yrs of age) also agree & we thank you for the laughter & welcome more 'rantings' to include (as Susan & Anne suggested) the pro's & con's of the Heinz Variety of fashion in age, shape, purpose, & budget!

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Service

Easter

What have we learnt? Covid and the last year.