Art and that kind of thing



It seems to me that as well as Fashion the other thing that really interests me is the world of art. And what is art. To quote Oscar Wilde for a moment he said that " all art is quite useless." I do not necessarily agree with him there is also a truth in what he is saying.


So lets explore together some good and bad things in the art world. And here we have the first idea of ( Art) The unmade bed. i have to say that for any collage, university, or just a teenager we are all artists. My own bed was a work of art all through my life because like millions of others my Bed was not made. 


Tracey Emin my bed
 The only difference is that I was not paid millions for my unmade bed. I was told to make it and with a huff and puff I did. How anyone can call this art is beyond me. But hey ho Art is in the eye of the beholder. 


Now below we have the idea of art being taken a step too far. The Blank canvas exposition recently in London it seems to me is taking what we call art to its extreme 
You have to feel sorry for this art student here.
                                                                                                 
As in other Museums of art you usually have to clamber over art students taking drawings or sketching of the art piece in front of them. Notice in this picture the lack of students doing this here. I have to admit I think that I would get a A star for doing a study of these pictures. But, its not all doom and gloom there are many examples of great modern art if you look hard enough. The example below is by Monet and is a great example of Modern art getting it right. First of all we can see what it is and what it is meant to be. Secondly, it has 
skill in the actual drawing. You can imagine students sitting in front of it admiring the skill and the talent of a great artist. 

Houses of Parliament by Monet 

Modern art can be beautiful

Below we have an example of great modern art. It tells a story but it also has a great deal to say for itself.


lastly this is the question that I ask myself. Would I have it up in my house (if I could afford it.) With these two a definite yes to both. Also these views I have here are only my own. Art is always in the eye of the beholder. One person's beauty is another person's ugly. Its as simple as that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Service

Easter

What have we learnt? Covid and the last year.