Palm Sunday

I decided today that I would not preach but I would really like to share with you some thoughts about the day. The first thing that struck me was the crowd and what they were doing. We hear that Jesus was welcomed into the city of Jerusalem on the back of a donkey and people were singing songs of praise to him. What a great welcome. I wonder who was there. I wonder if there were people there that Jesus had healed and helped in his ministry. He was not entering as a King but a prince of peace. Within a week this same crowd that had gathered for the Passover had turned on him and they were now not shouting songs of praise but " Crucify Him." The same happens for us today. We sing the songs of praise when we have the palms blessed and within a hour we are saying "Crucify Him" The same crowd as before. Maybe even in the  time of Jesus the same people were there for both events. 


We know that we can both praise Jesus by the actions that we do but, also at the same time, crucify him by our sin. The other thought that I had was that we do not say at the end of the Passion " The Gospel of the Lord" the drama continues so let us into this drama of Holy Week and discover again the person of Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Service

Easter

What have we learnt? Covid and the last year.